Why Does Your Website’s Speed Matter?
Speed can make or break a website. It affects your traffic, page views, conversions, sales, and your overall reputation. By making it faster, you can improve your business or your fan base and help it grow. Studies have shown.
- How to Test Your Website’s Speed?
- PageSpeed Insights is Google’s free tool for testing your website speed and it is very easy to use. All you need to do is enter the URL of your website and the tool will analyze its content and generate suggestions on how to make your website faster.
- Pingdom is also a very useful tool that not only tests your website speed, but also reviews and grades your website’s performance. It also tracks your website’s performance history, so you can have insight into any potential changes regarding your website speed.
- YSlow is a tool that tests your website speed and offers advice on how to improve it. It can also provide you with a Chrome extension for checking the speed of your website.
- Remove the render blocking elements
- Don't use Custom fonts
Custom fonts may look good, but they are also render blocking elements. Custom fonts also causes FOUT problem. Use simple fonts like Arial, Helvetica, Georgia, Verdana, serif, sans-serif in your blog. The fonts listed above renders quick in browsers and don't need any stylesheets or JS.
- Load scripts on required pages only
If you use adsense ads you can use this tips : How to Setup Lazy Load for Google AdSense Ad units on Blogger